Smålands nation has a lot to offer for everyone who studies at the university. There’s guaranteed to be something that’s just right for you! Smålands’ pub, Pub Hyttan, is open every weekday evening 18-00. On Friday afternoons we serve canapés and cocktails at Fredagslyx (Friday luxuries), and on Saturdays the nation is open for home-made fika. We even have a club with live acts several times each term! On top of that we have our nation orchestra, two choirs, the sewing circle, SNIF – a sports club – the cultural committee, and lots more.
A very important part of our organization are the subcommitees, and they’re always looking for new members. Smålands also has a library with course literature and fiction in Swedish and other languages, as well as places to study.
There are other benefits to joining Smålands. Every year we give away approximately 2.5 million Crowns in bursaries to our members. We also have housing located right next door to the nation – it’s hard to find a better location!
So come on down and check us out! Why not test working a shift at Pub Hyttan, serving Fredagslyx or preparing fika?
Hang out with us, it’ll be fun!
What do I get as a member of Smålands?
- A fantastic community and friends for life
- The opportunity to apply for our generous bursaries
- Apply for housing in our central location
- Free entry to Smålands’ clubs
- Free entry to gasque after-parties
- Priority on buying tickets to gasques
- Receive Smålands magazine ’Rasken’
- Free coffee at Saturday fika
Do I get something more as a new student?
- The chance to win accommodation in our room lottery
- Recceguiden (New Students’ Guide), a magazine for all new members of Smålands
- A cloth bag in Smålands’ colours
- Participate in the reception for new students with a dinner and introduction to the nation